Sunday, May 29, 2011

Change

When I first created this The Dutch Indonesian Community on Facebook almost 5 years ago, I never really thought it would become so big and affect so many people. I never thought it would have over 3000 people from all over the world. There are people here from every walk of life, every age, every language and every nationality, all drawn together by one thing and that is the blood that runs in our veins.

This community has given rise to a number of other groups on Facebook and supported initiatives for The Indo Project.

In the life of every organization or group there comes a time when changes need to made to move the organization forward. I believe that the time for that change is now. Many of you have seen this new blog and the numbers show a steady increase in traffic.

My main focus will be to increase membership in this community by increasing our presence on the net. The first step in that process was the creation of this blog. In the coming weeks you will see other changes that I am contemplating. The next addition that you may see is the creation of a YouTube channel, where I will be able to speak to you all in person. I am not sure of the format that I will use at this time.I will be investigating other forms of media on and off the net to see how I can move this community  forward.

In the not to distant future I will also be considering a logo change. The reason for this is that I wish to have an exclusive image that I can use for future initiatives of the DIC and The Silent Nation.

So having said all this, I hope that all of you will support my push forward because without the support of the members and the loyalty of the group there will be nothing to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment